CVs & Related products
We supply cv joints for all makes of vehicles and manufacture cv joints for those where cv joints are not available.
We can supply :
- CV protective rubber boots
- CV joints
- Complete CV shafts.
To ensure CV joints last and be on the safe side bring it yearly for a service. Contact us for an estimate, and if you are unsure about the noise please feel free to bring it to our workshop.
Symptoms of a Bad or Failing Axle CV Shaft Assembly
- Loud clicking noises when turning. One of the most common and most noticeable symptoms of a bad or failing CV axle shaft assembly is an audible clicking noise when turning. …
- Grease on edge of the tire. …
- Excessive vibrations while driving is another symptom of a bad CV axle. If a CV joint or axle shaft is damaged in any way that affects its balance while rotating, it will cause the shaft to vibrate excessively while operating the vehicle.
- The most common problem with the CV joints is when the protective boot cracks or gets damaged. Once this happens, the grease comes out and moisture and dirt get in, causing the CV joint to wear faster and eventually fail due to lack of lubrication and corrosion.
- Usually, when CV joints are damaged, you will hear a “clicking” or “knocking” sound when making turns. This is a sign that the whole CV axle needs to be replaced. If no noise is present and only the CV boot is broken, you can replace just the CV boot
- CV Joint Failure In the worst case scenario, your CV joint will fail. Essentially, this will break the axle, leaving you with a car that won’t go anywhere. If this happens while you’re driving, it can be serious, leading to a total loss of control.